Monday, June 12, 2006

Hup Holland

Hup Holland indeed,

I've giving myself a day to celebrate, me and the Grolsch bottle, alot like Kyle Orton and the Jack Daniel bottle. But I didn't go that heavy on the celebrations, while I'm very happy with the vicotry, 3 points is 3 points, I do realize that it's still 6 games to go to win the world cup and to me that is the ultimate goal, so rather party slowly and get bigger and bigger as it goes along. So if we do happen to win in July 9th, I'll have to have a kegger, some strippers and a room painted orange... hmmm on second thought that could be a financial issue at the end of the tournament. "Sir why do you need a bank loan?" ummmm because I pissed all my money away after the Nederlands won the world cup.... yes that's clearly going to work well for me.

But we must move onwards, after a slow and unpacy match with the S&M crew, we now get to move on those Ivorians and the stamina and quickness that they have. I watched the game against Argentina, and one thing is for sure you can't sit back on them, not that I expect the Dutch too, as they have always liked to own the ball and move it around on there own pace, but we will have to make quicker and better quality passes in the attacking third if we wish to win the game outright. With saying that though, I think the Dutch are better prepared to play an Ivory Coast squad then an S&M crew. Our 3 friendlies before were against Cameroon, Mexico and Australia. Two out of the 3 teams play a more open style, an attacking football style, which should allow more room for Mr. Horseface (Ruud) to create in the middle of the attacking 1/3. Robben looked disgusting this weekend, always was a quick bugger, as long as he and Van Persie stay unangry towards each other. Which I'm sure Van Basten has already fixed. Clearly Van Persie was angry, but the problem was Robben was on his game, and the Dutch ran with it that way, I don't expect that to happen again, as Van Persie had great flashes of brilliance as well when he did get the ball.

As for the midfield, well Cocu was there, but not really there, not the crisp passes I'm used to seen from the old veteran, and Sneidjer just scared me every free kick he took went not at all where it was supposed too, maybe it was nerves, maybe the injury or maybe the heat, but he really didn't overly impressed me with the amount of touches he had with the ball. Hopefully the Dutch squad will continue to get healthier and we will see the likes of Van der Vaart back to lead the midfield attack. The defense held up well for the most part, I do rather like seeing Boularhouz in the middle, but that's just my personal preference. All in all yesterday was a great start to the campaign, and uncharacteristic start for the Dutch, and hopefully we can just improve on the situation on Friday. Just watch out for Drogba, but I'm sure Robben has tips on him.

Hup Holland

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the keg & strippers idea.

Lets do it